In this chapter (1 of 9) Adrian introduces himself, then:
- Gives you the background to the snoring and sleep apnoea epidemic
- Sets expectations
- Sizes the opportunity for the sleep-trained GDP
- Looks at the 'Four scenarios' (the four typical scenarios that a GDP may encounter)
- Introduces you to the Academy peer reviewer, Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS
- Explains how the Academy has been produced in accordance with the Principles and Requirements of the NHS Information Standard
- Eight question assessment with detailed explanations
Aims, Learning Objectives, Educational Outcomes for Verifiable CPD for the Academy (complete course of 9 chapters)
Our core aim is to support your improvement through a focus on professional learning and development.
Chapter 1 Learning Objectives
- Understand the relationship between snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) and identify the key signs and symptoms.
- Understand the important role the dentist may play concerning sleep related breathing disorders (SRBD).
- Understand the necessity to carefully manage the patient’s expectations of therapy.
Chapter 1 Educational Outcomes
On completion of this chapter you will:
- Appreciate that snoring may be a symptom of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) and identify the key signs and symptoms of sleep apnoea.
- Recognise the responsibility the dentist has, to carefully manage the patient’s expectations of MRD therapy.
- Appreciate the role the dentist may play concerning sleep related breathing disorders (SRBD).
The entire Academy has been peer-reviewed by Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS.
Last updated March 2018. Next review March 2020.
*** START HERE *** (01:04)FREE PREVIEW
Link for your private FaceBook groupFREE PREVIEW
Academy Aims, Objectives and Outcomes for Verifiable CPDFREE PREVIEW
Learning Objectives & Educational Outcomes for Verifiable CPDFREE PREVIEW
Who am I? (02:54)FREE PREVIEW
You Help People SLEEP (00:43)FREE PREVIEW
Setting Expectations (00:39)FREE PREVIEW
Four ScenariosFREE PREVIEW
[2019 UPDATE] The Opportunity for the Sleep-Trained Dentist in the UK (02:33)FREE PREVIEW
Why Dentists ask for Help (02:00)FREE PREVIEW
Peer Review (05:31)FREE PREVIEW
Assessment 1FREE PREVIEW
Top Tips for this learning platformFREE PREVIEW
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Complete
Specifically for UK dentists.
KnowSleep Academy™ - Learn at your own rate, how to screen and treat snorers, safely and effectively.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 2
"Don't "FIX" their snoring!"
What sleep apnoea is, why you cannot diagnose it, how to help snorers and those who need further investigation.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 3
"No 'I' in Team"
A refresher, assessing sleepiness, treatment options, dental signs & symptoms - the necessity for teamwork.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 4
"Good Guys Finish First".
Including practicing safely and legally, what to do when you receive a referral, communication and record-keeping.