In this chapter I will tell you why you must not just fix people’s snoring. I will tell you what sleep apnoea is and why you cannot diagnose it in the dental surgery.
On a brighter note, I will explain the right way to identify snorers you can help and what to do with those you consider need further investigation.
Chapter 2 Learning Objectives
- Appreciate why as a Dentist you don’t ‘FIX’ snoring – building upon Chapter 1, to develop an understanding of the role of sleep-trained dentist.
- Get a good idea of basic sleep acronyms & definitions.
- Introduction to the various treatment options for snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Understand that MRDs have a role within two discrete markets.
Chapter 2 Educational Outcomes
- On completion of this Chapter you will understand more about the role a sleep-trained dentist has in the recognition and management of sleep related breathing disorders (SRBD).
- Be able to discuss with peers SRBD using basic sleep acronyms & definitions.
- Understand that MRDs are 1 treatment option and that various treatment options for snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea are available and may in some instances be more appropriate.
The entire Academy has been peer-reviewed by Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS.
Last updated March 2018. Next review March 2020.
- Learning Objectives & Educational Outcomes for verifiable CPD FREE PREVIEW
- Don't 'FIX' their Snoring! (05:11) FREE PREVIEW
- Snoring is Socially Unacceptable BUT... (03:12) FREE PREVIEW
- Key Definitions (04:02) FREE PREVIEW
- You CANNOT diagnose OSA (01:40) FREE PREVIEW
- WARNING! (01:18) FREE PREVIEW
- Confident you're informed enough to treat? FREE PREVIEW
- Screening (03:08) FREE PREVIEW
- Overview of the treatment options and summary (07:11) FREE PREVIEW
- Assessment 2 FREE PREVIEW
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Complete
Specifically for UK dentists.
KnowSleep Academy™ - Learn at your own rate, how to screen and treat snorers, safely and effectively.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 3
"No 'I' in Team"
A refresher, assessing sleepiness, treatment options, dental signs & symptoms - the necessity for teamwork.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 4
"Good Guys Finish First".
Including practicing safely and legally, what to do when you receive a referral, communication and record-keeping.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 5
"Snorers Need Love Too"
How to grow your DSM business. Focusing on the UK specific, pre-treatment screening protocol.