This Chapter includes the key acronyms and definitions you will come across and explains what they are and what they mean.
Adrian explains with the use of video animation what happens during an apnoeaic event and then moves on to measuring sleepiness (or drowsiness) - you will assess your own!
Chapter 3 recaps on Chap 1 & 2 and continues with how sleep apnoea severity is graded. Then dental clinical signs and symptoms (with lots of clinical images).
This precedes an overview of the treatment options.
The Learning Objectives are:
- Understand that sleepiness and tiredness are two different things.
- Appreciate where MRDs ‘fit’ with other therapies
- Learn how untreated sleep apnoea may manifest dentally through identification of comorbidities (signs and symptoms).
- Understand the necessity for Dental and Respiratory Follow-up
Chapter 3 Educational Outcomes
On completion of this Chapter you will be able to:
- Comprehend that sleepiness and tiredness is not just a semantic difference.
- Comprehend where MRDs ‘fit’ with other therapies.
- Appreciate what the Dentist may recognise dentally of the Signs & Symptoms of sleep apnoea comorbidities.
- Appreciate the necessity for Dental and Respiratory Follow-up.
The entire Academy has been peer-reviewed by Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS.
Last updated March 2018. Next review March 2020.
Learning Objectives & Educational Outcomes for verifiable CPDFREE PREVIEW
No 'I' in Team (03:18)
What's your ESS score?
Sleep Apnoea Animation (01:05)
Are You Informed Enough to Treat? (01:23)
Sleepiness and Tiredness (07:01
Overview of Treatment Options (06:41)
Dental Clinical Signs and Symptoms of OSA (06:00)
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Complete
Specifically for UK dentists.
KnowSleep Academy™ - Learn at your own rate, how to screen and treat snorers, safely and effectively.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 4
"Good Guys Finish First".
Including practicing safely and legally, what to do when you receive a referral, communication and record-keeping.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 5
"Snorers Need Love Too"
How to grow your DSM business. Focusing on the UK specific, pre-treatment screening protocol.
Anti-Snoring Devices (UK) Ch. 6
"Hit and Miss"
Getting the ‘bite’ right to improve your success rate, fitting & adjusting, titration protocols, and your Duty of Care.